This scientifically based medical cannabis forum is specifically for healthcare professionals. International and national experts will be presenting essential updates on the endocannabinoid system, clinical data, and the applications and prescribing of medicinal cannabis in medical practice. Essential for GPs, Pharmacists and other healthcare professionals who are critical to improving patient access.
Healthcare Professionals Forum – 11 February
Minister under invitation
- Setting the scene – how medicinal cannabis is being used to heal illness?
- Advocating for equity in access to medicinal cannabis for patients
- Effectiveness, safety and appropriateness considerations
- Drug interactions and pharmacogenetics relevant to cannabis with their implications
- Dosing of CBD and THC
- Contraindications and adverse effects
- Presentation of several case studies of New Zealand patients receiving medical cannabis and their clinical responses
- Discussing the approach to prescribing for different medical conditions
- Present several case studies of actual New Zealand patients who have received medical cannabis
- Medications currently used for chronic pain
- The commonly held belief that most medications are backed by evidence while medical cannabis is not
- The actual evidence for currently recommended medications for chronic pain and where medical cannabis stands
Martin Lee, Director, Project CBD