This scientifically based medical cannabis forum is specifically for healthcare professionals. International and national experts will be presenting essential updates on the endocannabinoid system, clinical data, and the applications and prescribing of medicinal cannabis in medical practice. Essential for GPs, Pharmacists and other healthcare professionals who are critical to improving patient access.
Healthcare Professionals Forum – 11 February
Brooke van Velden, MP, Act
- Setting the scene – how medicinal cannabis is being used to heal illness?
- Advocating for equity in access to medicinal cannabis for patients
- Effectiveness, safety and appropriateness considerations
- Drug interactions and pharmacogenetics relevant to cannabis with their implications
- Dosing of CBD and THC
- Contraindications and adverse effects
- Presentation of several case studies of New Zealand patients receiving medical cannabis and their clinical responses
- Medications currently used for chronic pain
- The commonly held belief that most medications are backed by evidence while medical cannabis is not
- The actual evidence for currently recommended medications for chronic pain and where medical cannabis stands
Martin Lee, Director, Project CBD
Accreditation number: 2021/03, Expiry: 06/08/2023. The Health Professional sessions of this conference have been endorsed by The Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand (PSNZ) and are suitable for Pharmacist’s continuing education.
The “MedCan Summit 2022” has been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for up to 11.25 CME credits for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.