This scientifically based medical cannabis forum is specifically for healthcare professionals. International and national experts will be presenting essential updates on the endocannabinoid system, clinical data, and the applications and prescribing of medicinal cannabis in medical practice. Essential for GPs, Pharmacists and other healthcare professionals who are critical to improving patient access.
Healthcare Professionals Forum – 11 February
Meet and greet your fellow attendees in random breakout rooms in this icebreaker session.
- Effectiveness, safety and appropriateness considerations
- Drug interactions and pharmacogenetics relevant to cannabis with their implications
- Dosing of CBD and THC
- Contraindications and adverse effects
- Presentation of several case studies of New Zealand patients receiving medical cannabis and their clinical responses
- Application process in obtaining a licence through the Medicinal Cannabis Agency – tips and tricks
Facilitator: Andrea Eng, Manager of Regulatory Practice & Analysis, Medicinal Cannabis Agency, Ministry of Health
Facilitators: Dr Michael Murphy MB, BS, Pharm B.Sc (Hons), Clinical Director, CannaPlus+;
Dr Afraz Adam MBBS. FRNZCUC, Chief Medical Officer, CannaPlus+
Steve Tallon Team Leader, Process Engineering Group, Callaghan Innovation
- Analysis and testing
Facilitators: Bruce Fraser, New Zealand General Manager, Shimadzu
Sam Dallas, Analytical Technology Technician, Hill Laboratories
Accreditation number: 2021/03, Expiry: 06/08/2023. The Health Professional sessions of this conference have been endorsed by The Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand (PSNZ) and are suitable for Pharmacist’s continuing education.
The “MedCan Summit 2022” has been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for up to 11.25 CME credits for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.