The MedCan 2022 Industry Summit will help local companies accelerate their path to market through valuable insights into exporting, innovation and education. Industry experts will be presenting the latest scientific findings and breakthrough technologies and exploring the current challenges and opportunities around the likes of cultivating, manufacturing, New Zealand regulations, export, clinical trials, prescription and investment.
Day 1 – Industry Summit – 10 February
This panel showcases some key players in New Zealand’s primary industries and how they are harnessing their brand story and aligning it with New Zealand’s story. This panel will shed light on the value chain opportunity and how medicinal cannabis can follow suit.
● Using New Zealand’s clean green image, in the local medicinal cannabis industry – how can we leverage this for our value chain?
● Coming together and collaborating to advocate for the industry – what is the opportunity here?
This presentation will highlight the commercial potential for medicinal cannabis or hemp beyond its primary use by taking a ‘whole of resource’ approach. It will outline how the Bioresource Processing Alliance and research providers can help industry partners identify high-value opportunities from low-value biological resources.
- A glimpse into the journey of bringing a product in the market
- The challenges and barriers faced in making this a reality
- Specific challenges tackling different regulatory systems around the world
- Breaking barriers in product to market strategies – what are the learnings?
- The way forward
• Types of investment
• Future of investments