Day 2 - Industry Summit - 11 February
Minister under invitation
- Setting the scene – how medicinal cannabis is being used to heal illness?
- Advocating for equity in access to medicinal cannabis for patients
Research shows that being from New Zealand adds value to your brand, and that provenance matters. This session showcases the strength in brand New Zealand and
will shed light on the value-adding opportunity for medicinal cannabis.
- Using New Zealand’s brand and image in the medicinal cannabis industry – how can we leverage this to increase value?
- Coming together and collaborating to advocate for the industry – what is the opportunity here?
- A view into the practical tools that the New Zealand Story group have to help
- The opportunity to develop the CBD sector in New Zealand – what are the resources available to achieve this?
- Insights into the economic opportunity
- Examining how medicinal cannabis can be a big contributing factor to NZ’s economy
- Callaghan Innovation’s assistance in companies being established in the medicinal cannabis industry
- Insights on how the roadmap has been developed and how it is evolving with the changing nature of regulations
- Explaining the work currently being undertaken by Crown Research Institutes in the medicinal cannabis space
- Advocating for the industry – a spotlight on the work taking place here
- History of veterinary medicinal cannabis
- The endocannabinoid system in animals
- Toxicology and the THC myth
- Evidence for therapeutic use
- International markets and regulation
- The impact and opportunity that disruptive technology has on New Zealand’s primary industry
- Becoming a data focused cultivator with the use of AI and ML – how can growers make informed decisions using this?
- Segmenting critical information to capture growth patterns
Martin Lee, Director, Project CBD